7.23.2009

yes its a cartoon....but!

So I am subjected to cartoons in the morning. Some which are very annoying, but my son loves them and smiles and does the happy dance. Just going to come out and say it, the one in question this morning is Dora. So they are getting on a carousel (with all the pretty horses) and they make sure you see this brass ring (so I want to know what little kid is going to know what brass is?) on a pole that is beside the carousel. The object is that when you are on the carousel you reach out and touch this ring OUTSIDE of the carousel so you can receive tickets! So any carousel ride I have been on you are not supposed to reach out and move of any kind, espeically the kids! What is this teaching our children! Oh its ok to reach out while your on an amusment ride and grab objects that are stationary while you are going around because it might give you tickets and maybe they are magical!
Now dont get me wrong Im all for imagination, fairys and magical langd. I was one to have a very vivid imagination as a child and I still do, but you still have to be safe and produce a safe enviroment for your child to use theirs with out being tramatize and getting thier arm ripped off as they reach for the BRASS RING to get magical tickets!